Posted on 11. Oct, 2011 by wpmesadmin and is filed under Tutorials
Using WPMeS version 1.5 to setup your WordPress Blog to offer products being sold on eBay is a snap. This tutorial will guide you through the “Quick Setup” portion and is based on the “Getting Started” guide that comes with the WPMeS – eBay WordPress Plugin. As with any other WordPress Plugin, you just install the plugin and perform any desired customization.
Go to ‘Pages‘ in WordPress and create a page to use for wpMeS. This will be the base URL for your wpMeS menu links.
Go to the wpMeS Site Configuration menu
- Click the Store Site Settings menu
- Put in your WP MeS Key from when you purchased the program.
- Select the WordPress page you created for wpMeS from the Store Display Page dropdown box.
- Click the eBay Partner Network Settings menu
- Enter your EPN Campaign ID
- Enter a Custom ID ie yourdomain.com
- Select the country your eBay results are to come from
- Check the Use CacheBuster Image box.
- Click the Update Changes button
Now go to eBay and do a search for the products you would like to have on your site. For example if your blog is based on collectible dolls, type in dolls on the eBay search box. Copy the contents from your browsers address bar.
Go to the wpMeS Menu Configuration menu then click on the Feed Import Wizard.
- Paste in the contents you copied from eBay by doing a right click copy in the input box.
- Click the Submit button
- Now select which menus you want. I normally do not select Condition, Seller, Buying formats, Location or any other non specific item menu. You can deselect a group by clicking the check box with the colored background.
- Now click the Import button
- Review the screen to see if your import was successful.
Go to the wpMeS Menu Box Settings menu.
- Enable the imported menus or disable as you please.
Go to ‘Widgets‘ then add the “WPMeS Sidebar Menu” to your themes sidebar area.